1. Application 2014
Conductors of both sexes are invited to take part in the Järvi International Academy for Conductors. Applications, including all requested documents, video and application fee, must be received by the masterclass office by December 25th 2013! The applications must be accompanied by the following documents (in English):
- Application form (online)
- VIDEO recordings (online) of max. 20 minutes of representative conducting sessions. Video recordings must be uploaded to YouTube or similar website. Please write the links to the uploaded video in the right place in the application form. (Video may contain both rehearsal and concert, but avoid parts with silence or speaking).
After sending the application form online, you will receive a confirmation with the request to send the next documentation by email (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Copy of certificates of musical education mentioned in the application form (scanned)
- Three different recent photos in jpg-format (max 500MB per picture)
- Photocopy of passport or ID-card (with translation if necessary)(scanned)
- The application fee of 55 Euro for EU residents or 45 Euro for not EU residents (see payment details below)
- A short biography of max. 300 words in English (Word-format).
Incomplete applications or application received after the dealine, will not be taken into consideration! Payment of the application fee must be in our bank account (Music foundation La Nota) before the deadline!
- Applicants are requested to answer all question concerning education and experience by filling out the application form (link). Give short answers and give only essential and recent information about conducting (other professions, experiences or instrumental careers, do not help your application).
- Applications can online be done through internet (online form and additional information by email).
Based on the applications submitted, candidates will be selected by the jury to the participate in the masterclasses as active participant.
Applicants who are not selected can be invited to participate as passive participant and put on a reserve list. The Järvi Academy is one of the most popular masterclasses for conductors and many talented young conductors apply yearly. We unfortunately have a limited number of places, but in case a selected participant cancels or fails to be present, we will invite the next on the reserve list or a passive participant to participate actively. (read more about participation below)
The successful applicants will be invited and notified latest 5th January 2014 per email. Before 15th of January 2014 participants must confirm their participation by email and pay the participation fee. Without confirmation before this date, the applicant will be automatically excluded from participation. The vacant place(s) will be offered to candidate(s) selected as passive participant(s)!
Passive participant must confirm their participation by email and pay their fee before 15th of January 2014. In case of cancelations, a passive participant will be invited to participate actively. Passive participants who do not confirm there participation in time, will lose their position on the reserve list.
Interested audience, musicians etc. can apply to be auditor during the masterclasses. Auditors are not participants and therefore not placed on the reserve list, don't conduct and don't receive certificates. Auditors have acces to rehearsals and to concerts of the Pärnu Music Festival (only applyable to the Summer Academy).
Active participants will participate in all activities of the masterclass, including conducting orchestra rehearsals, piano sessions and lectures. Before every academy concert teachers will select which participants will conduct during that concert. Every Active participant will conduct the orchestra(s) several times superviced by the teacher(s). Additionally there will be concerts and general rehearsal to which active participants can be assigned to conduct.
All passive participants can take part and be present in all the masterclass activities, but do not have the right to conduct the orchestra's. However they will replace a full or student participant, in case one cancels or fails to be present. Passive participants also participate and conduct during the sessions with piano's and lectures.
All participants need to obtain their own scores, study and prepare them for the masterclass rehearsals and other sessions. The full repertoire and masterclass program can be found on the website www.jarviacademy.com, however changes are possible. Confirm participants will be informed about the final repertoire and/or changes.
The organizers reserve the right of radio and television broadcast. The participants are not entitled to demand any charge for the utilization of such recordings or broadcasting.
All participants and auditors of the Summer Academy have free access to all concerts of the Järvi Festival.
Accomodation not included:
Hotel and accomodation possibilities can be ordered through our partner, the local travel agency Reiser:
Arthotel Villa Artis, www.reiser.ee
Amandus Adamsoni tn. 1 Pärnu 80010
Ph: +372 447 1480
Our contact the local tourist office; www.visitparnu.ee
Note that Pärnu is a small but popular Summer tourist city and all accomodation in Summer is fully booking, if you book to late!
4. The Jury
Member of the jury are:
- Neeme Järvi, Paavo Järvi and Leonid Grin
- Tõnu Reimann, professor of violin at Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
- Arvo Leibur, concertmaster of Estonian National Symphony Orchestra
- Kristjan Hallik, general manager of International Pärnu Music Festival
- Toomas Kapten: professor at the Music and Theatre Academy of Estonia
- Jüri-Ruut Kangur, principal Conductor of Estonian National Youth Symphony Orchestra, International Pärnu Music Festival manager
- Lukas Groen, general director of the Järvi International Academy.
*Applicants living within the EU economical area (Euro countries and some others) can pay the application fee per international bank transfer without costs (shared costs!). Applicants who are not living within the EU economical area, are advised to pay the application fee by Western Union, because of the high costs of an international bank transfer. For further questions about payments please contact us. Participants not living within the EU economical area need to make bank transfers with all costs to sender.
|fee||amount||deadline of payment|
|Application fee* for EU-economical-area residents||€ 55, -||BEFORE DECEMBER 25th 2013|
|Application fee* for NOT EU-economical-area residents||€ 45,-||BEFORE DECEMBER 25th 2013|
|Active participant fee||€ 1200,-||BEFORE JANUARY 15th 2014|
|Passive participation fee||€ 250,-||BEFORE JANUARY 15th 2014|
|Auditors fee (€ 30,-- per day)||€ 250,-|
Paying by Bank Transfer:
Payments should be transfered to the music foundation of the academy: Muusikaühing La Nota. Use only and exactly these data for bank transfers as given here below. Only in the place for 'messages' or 'description' you can mention "application/participation...etc" or you name, incase the payment is made from an account with another name.
Account holder: Muusikaühing La Nota
address: Vambola 5, Pärnu 80026, Estonia
account no: 10220107207013
Bank name: SEB Pank
Bank address: Tornimäe 2, Tallinn 15010, Tallinn, Estonia
BIC (Swift) code: EEUHEE2X
Paying by Western Union:
A payment through Western Union need to be made directly to a person only, not to a company, so to:
Name: Lukas Sebastiaan Groen (director Järvi Academy)
Adress: Vambola 5, Pärnu 80026, Pärnumaa, Estonia
Message /description: Järvi Academy, application etc...
After the payment send us by email the specific Western Union transaction number, your name and address exactly as you filled it on the form of Western Union (note that spelling mistakes can give trouble. Please check your data carefully).